Linear Heat Detector EPR and EPR-M Series
The System Sensor/Protectowire Linear Heat Detector is a proprietary cable that detects heat conditions anywhere along its length. It is considered a normally-open contact device and as such can be interfaced to a Notifier intelligent addressable fire alarm control panel via monitor modules: FMM-1, FDM-1, FMM-101, and XP10-M. The sensor cable is comprised of two steel conductors individually insulated with a heat sensitive polymer. The insulated conductors are twisted together to impose a spring pressure between them, then wrapped with a protective tape and finished with an outer jacket suitable for the environment in which the detector will be installed.
• Up to 1,000 ft. of the Protectowire Linear Heat Detector may
be connected to the initiating device circuit of the addressable
• Eight different Linear Heat Detector models available, each
packaged in 500 ft. rolls.
• Fixed Temperature Digital Sensor
• Line Coverage with Point Sensitivity
• Wide Range of Industrial Applications, such as Aircraft Hangers,
Manufacturing Facilities, Warehouses, Tank Farms,
Coal Conveyors, Refrigerated Storage, Dust Collectors,
Cooling Towers, Tunnels, and Floating Roof Tanks.
• Good Abrasion Resistance
• Excellent Weathering Properties and High Temperature
• A comprehensive range of mounting and installation accessories